The choices of the Veneto Region
The state law n. 157/92 to the art. 18 paragraph 4 unequivocally establishes that all Italian regions must strictly issue the regional hunting calendars by and no later than 15 June of each year. We are on June 13, 2023 and there Veneto regional council has not yet issued the hunting calendar for the 2023/2024 hunting season. Our Associations have repeatedly urged the Veneto Regional Council (letters dated 6 March 2023, 22 March 2023 and 24 May 2023) to issue the regional hunting calendar for the 2023/2024 season, mainly for two reasons:
– The first: knowing that the hunters are ready to challenge the Veneto hunting calendar, as happened for the previous two hunting seasons, the regional council had to approve by March 2023, as we requested, its hunting calendar for the 2023 hunting season /2024, knowing that the anti-hunters would have had 60 days from the date of publication of the hunting calendar in the Official Bulletin of the Region to challenge the regional resolution at the Regional Administrative Court of Veneto, thus being forced to make public the reasons for their appeal, allowing thus the Regional Council to immediately remedy any errors and correct its hunting calendar by May 2023.
– The second: with the issuing of the regional hunting calendar in its final version by May 2023, all hunters in the Veneto region would know how they would go hunting in the 2023/2024 hunting season and this before being forced to renew their hunting license with the relative payment of the onerous regional and government concession fees.
The disputed reasons
We are aware that the Veneto Regional Council, disregarding the provisions of current regulations, has repeatedly held carbonara meetings in the presence of only a few representatives of the hunting world with whom it has agreed on the contents of the hunting calendar that our Associations contest for the following reasons:
1. despite the repeated carbonara meetings we have reached mid-June and the regional council has not yet issued the hunting calendar for the 2023/2024 season;
2. covering themselves with ridicule, the managers who are part of the "control room" are now slyly trying to distance themselves from gross errors included in the draft hunting calendar presented unofficially by the regional council on 5 June 2023 in Mestre (VE) at the presence of all the representatives of the Veneto hunting world;
3. bordering on the grotesque, the enlarged control room issued a hilarious statement on 7 June 2023 in which it declared that it agreed on all parts of the draft hunting calendar 2023/2024 except for the closure of the turdids and aquatics.
The disputes to the hunting calendar
In reality, the undersigned associations that are not part of the "control room" or extended jumbles contest the 2023/2024 hunting calendar proposal for the following reasons:
1. the Veneto regional council, which should set an example for citizens, also this year fails to comply with the provisions of the law and does not respect the peremptory deadline of 15 June 2023 for the issuing of the regional hunting calendar;
2. the managers of the phantom "control room" have suggested to the Regional Council the contents of the hunting calendar with gross errors which, also this year, will cost the hunters of the Veneto dearly;
3. for the third consecutive year the proposals of the phantom "control room" will suffer the consequences of the pronouncements of the Veneto Regional Administrative Court which, we hope we are wrong, will once again accept the appeals of animal-environmentalists by decimating the 2023 hunting calendar/ 2024 as unfortunately happened during the last two previous hunting seasons.
All together passionately, the Veneto Regional Council and the "enlarged control room", consciously decide to take the hunters of the Veneto for the junction point between the back and the legs, preparing a farce hunting calendar that will certainly be challenged before the TAR of the Veneto, placing their responsibilities on others, then stating that it is not their fault if those animal rights baddies or those incompetent judges cancel part of the Veneto's hunting calendar. Please continue the Regional Council to organize Carbonari meetings with the managers of the "control room" who are unable to propose solutions that give certainty to the hunters of the Veneto. All our sympathy goes to the hunting executives who are part of the enlargement of the "control room" for having chosen to join the inconclusive "control room" to endorse its disastrous choices in the hope of receiving in exchange a loaf of bread or a appoint within a steering committee or an anonymous commission, in spite of the rights of their unwitting associates (ACR, CONFAVI, ACV, FCR).