One of the latest innovations presented by TO, a prestigious Swedish company that has been producing professional outdoor knives for over 140 years, is the Butcher set. It is a slaughter set designed for the ungulate hunter. The knife kit It comes in a hard case perfect for transporting and storing working knives, with a cardboard outer casing, making it ideal as a gift for a hunter.
Six are the elements that make up the set:
- EKA® EVISCERATOR SKINNERR8S (Blade length 9 cm) has a rounded and blunt tip, ideal for eviscerating without risking puncturing the organs.
- KNIFE FOR SKINNING AND CUTTING (Blade length 15 cm) excellent for skinning and for cutting meat in general.
- BONING KNIFE (Blade length 15cm) is the ideal knife for working on the meat around the bone.
- FILLETING KNIFE (Blade length 13cm) Thin and pointed, and with a slightly curved blade, it is excellent for fine deboning or precision trimming of connective tissue and fat.
- CUTTING/ROAST KNIFE (Blade length 15 cm) for cutting and slicing raw or cooked meat. The all-rounder that cannot be missing in the kitchen.
- STEEL (File length 16 cm) the classic file, an indispensable tool for sharpening knives.
The blades are made of high quality Sandvik 12c27 stainless steel with excellent edge holding and are easy to resharpen.
Felling a nice pile becomes the right opportunity for Pina and me to test the set received as a Christmas present from a dear friend. In order of appearance and use, we start with the gutting knife and the skinning knife. The first one was not used on this plank, which had already spent two weeks in a three-degree cell. The peeling knife has a rounded tip blade. The blade is quite long, but when it gets under the hair and skins a leg in two minutes, the satisfaction is unique!
The skin comes off quickly, the muscle bands are respected without the ugly carvings that happen to be engraved in the flesh with other tools. To remove the flesh from the carcass, the boning knife enters the scene, which with its agile blade and sharp point allows you to detach the flesh in every recess of the neck and also of the intercostal muscles (even if it were also for the mince, if possible we leave nothing on the bone ).
To disarticulate shoulders and thighs, the boning blade is still the protagonist. For the processing of the pulp and its transformation into succulent stew or slices, the cutting knife is what you need. Its firm and balanced grip lets you master the broad and sharp blade.
The plastic of the handle, although very "technical" (Santoprene™) is without particular aesthetic pretensions but is forgiven with the solid grip guaranteed by the very high grip and with the useful high visibility orange colour.
And so, in just over two hours, a large pile entered over 20 vacuum-packed bags, perfectly butchered. The feeling (perhaps not just a suggestion) is that you have worked less than usual and have worthily honored a splendid animal without leaving anything to chance.
Product: EKA Butcher Set
Exclusive distributor: Forest Italy Srl
Via Ugo Foscolo 32/i
37057, San Giovanni Lupatoto (Verona)
Handle: SANTOPRENE™ Orange
Lama: Swedish Sandvik 12C27 Stainless Steel
Accessories: Rigid transport case
Price: 199 €
Availability: In the best armories or online on the site https://www.forestitalia.com
Leave a comment