The regional resolution
La Tuscany region, with Resolution 1058/22 approved the Calendar of wild boar hunting in hunted area in an unsuitable area:
1) to authorize ATCs, on the territory of its competence falling in an area not suited to wild boar, to organize and execute hunting interventions of the wild boar species with the form of the hunted, in the time frame 1 October -31 December or 1 November -31 January, according to the periods indicated in attachment A to this Resolution and an integral part of it, in compliance with the criteria listed below:
• the interventions must be conducted exclusively for two days a week, with the exclusion of Tuesdays and Fridays, starting after 10.00. For the territory falling within an area not suitable for wild boar under the competence of the ATC 10 Tuscan Archipelago, the maximum number of days per week that can be authorized is three;
• the activities will take place according to a schedule decided by the ATC, which must be communicated at least 48 in advance to the Provincial Police, and in areas identified by the same;
• the activities can be carried out by the teams enrolled in the ATC, identified by it from time to time;
• the ATC must ensure a rostering of the participating teams for each area of intervention, excluding any form of assignment;
• the areas of intervention will be primarily those affected by damage to agriculture by wild boar in the course of 2022;
The activities of the teams
• the activities referred to in this deed must be made known by the ATC on its institutional website at least 48 in advance;
• the ATC has the right to exclude from the activities the teams that will adopt behaviors different from the instructions given or that will not collaborate in the effective realization of the withdrawals;
• the activities referred to in this deed must in any case respect the performance of the other forms of hunting implemented in these territories;
The Territorial Areas of Hunting
• ATC is responsible for informing and raising awareness among participants on compliance with the main safety regulations, in relation to the place of activity; all participants must wear high visibility clothing;
• during hunted hunting in the ANVs, in particular, the rules set forth in art. 73, paragraphs 10, 12, 13 of 48 / R.
2) to arrange that the samples taken are reported by the ATCs within the regional wildlife portal, divided by management unit of the non-suitable area.